Whitsundays & Great Barrier Reef

Hey!

Mun paras kaveri Suomesta tuli siis tänne maanantai-iltana, ja siksi tämän postauksen kirjoittaminen viime viikonlopusta venähti. Nyt päivittelen siis kuulumiset Whitsundaysilta, Airlie Beachilta ja Suurelta Valliriutalta lähinnä kuvien muodossa. Enjoy!

My best friend from Finland arrived on monday night. That's why it's been quiet here on the blog for these few past days. I'll now show you the pics from last weekend when I was in Whitsundays, Airlie Beach and Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy!


The beautiful Airlie Beach

The Lagoon

The first day was cloudy but it didn't keep people from soaking up the sun



Wouldn't want to meet these guys


There was a cool broadway along the beach! Absolutely loved it!


Pretty hey?




OOTD

The Aussie way of thinking

Lauantaiaamuna suuntasin kävellen Abell Point Marinalle, jossa olin käynyt kääntymässä jo edellisenä päivänä. Sieltä nappasin laivan, jonka päämääränä oli Suuri Valliriutta! Ihan mieletön päivä, ja kelitkin onneksi paranivat edellisestä päivästä :)

On Saturday morning I walked back to Abell Point Marina. From there I got onboard to a boat that took me to spend a magnificent day at Great Barrier Reef! An amazing day, and luckily the weather got better than the day before :)

Sunrise while walking along the Pacific Ocean





Botski lähti aamukahdeksalta laiturista ja matkattiin kolmisen tuntia ennen kuin saavuimme Hardy Reefille. Matkalla merenkäynti oli todella voimakasta, ja ainakin puolet matkustajista oksensi tämän vuoksi. Itse vain nautin keinumisesta ja muiden ollessa kauhuissaan mulla oli vaan hauskaa :D Riutalla oli ensin nousuvesi, mutta muutaman tunnin kuluttua kun vesi laski saimme nauttia huikeista näkymistä ja turkoosista vedestä. Käytössämme oli myös sukellusvene, jonka kyydissä pääsimme tutkimaan riuttaa kastumatta.

The boat left the Marina 8 o'clock and after a three-hour journey we finally arrived to the Hardy Reef. The waves were big and quite a few people became sick on the way to there. I was just enjoying the ride and having heaps of fun! :D There at the Reef it was high tide when we arrived but after a while the water went down and we got to enjoy the amazing view with all-turquoise water. We also got to go on a semi-submarine that took us to explore the reef without getting wet.




The colour of the water was just unreal!


During the high tide

The submarine

At lunch time we did get a tiny bit of rain but luckily the sun came out instantly after this

Lounaan jälkeen suunnattiin kavereiden kanssa pukemaan snorklausvarusteet päälle ja hypättiin lämpimään veteen. Ja tsiiiiisus että oli muuten upeat näkymät!! Nähtiin muun muassa mielettömästi sateenkaarenvärisiä kaloja, kilpikonna, Nemo- ja Dory-kaloja, kaikenkirjavia koralleja ja muita mereneläviä.

After the lunch we (me and my new friends) decided to head to the water for some snorkeling. And oh my, that was some spectacular surroundings for snorkeling!! Breathtaking indeed... We saw for example rainbow coloured fish, Nemo and Dory fish, heaps of colourful corals and all different sorts of sea creatures.

Low tide




Sunbaking on the deck

Lounaan jälkeen aurinkokin alkoi paistamaan ja päästiin nauttimaan siitä aurinkotuoleihin, joista oli melkoiset näkymät riutalle ;) Aaah, tonne ois voinut kyllä jäädä pidemmäksikin aikaa!

After lunch the sun came out and we decided to lay down on the deck in order to deepen our tans. The spot was indeed a place with a view! Oooh, I could've spent some more time in there!





Ugliest of them all



Jo laivamatkalla riutalle kuulutettiin, että FYI; Valliriutalla aika rientää paljon nopeammin kuin missään muualla maailmassa. Siitä huolimatta en osannut varautua siihen, miten nopeasti kotimatkalle lähtö koitti! Hyvä syy palata vielä jonain päivänä...

Onboard the crew had announced how in the Great Barrier Reef the time passes quicker than in anywhere else. Still, I had no idea that the time would actually run out sooo quickly! I'll certainly be back one day...

The rich left the place with a helicopter...


Palasin takaisin hotellille ja pienen "apua olen kadottanut avaimeni" –seikkailun jälkeen pääsin vihdoin takaisin huoneeseeni ja suihkuttelemaan. Sitten laittauduin, ja lähdettiin illallisen kautta tutkimaan Airlie Beachin yöelämää!

I went back to the hotel and noticed I didn't have my key with me. Long story short, eventually I found it and started getting ready for the evening. Then we headed out for dinner and to check out the night life of Airlie Beach.

My hair was so tangled after swimming in the salty sea that I actually broke my hair brush. Haha, oooops!


I guess I did improve my tan a tiny bit

This is sorta embarrassing... I've got tan lines from thongs!

Nyt vien Seenan Mount Coot-thalle ja katsotaan jos ehdimme tekemään vielä jotain muutakin tänään. Sitten alkaa raivopakkaus – huomenna nimittäin suunnataan jo reissailemaan ympäriämpäri! Palaillaan asiaan murut xx

Now I'm about to take Seena to Mount Coot-tha to do some sightseeing over Brisbane. Then we need to pack all of our belongings, since tomorrow we'll start travelling! Talk to you later huns xx

Kommentit